Step 1: Initial Medical Evaluation
A three-part comprehensive evaluation typically lasting 1-1.5 hours with the physician and 3 hours in the office including Medical and Neurodevelopment test completed by the physician and patient’s initial medical treatment plan. Extensive review of PMH and previous treatments *During this visit physician will also perform a tympanometry and acoustic reflex test in Houston office only.*
Step 2: Specialized Laboratories
Lab work will depend on the specific needs of the patient and recommendations made by the physician.
- Genetic Testing
- Food Allergy Panel
- Environmental Toxins
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Metabolic Panels
- Hormone Panels
Step 3: Follow-up Appointment
Upon the completion of laboratory studies ordered in first visit, a treatment protocol is developed to improve known medical conditions. The treatment protocol can include Dietary Modifications, Allopathic Medicine and Functional/Integrative Medicine Protocols.
Step 4: WIN Neurodevelopment Evaluations
After the first visit, patients will take a series of development and neurological tests to identify learning and/or neurological problems meanwhile monitoring their progress.
- Primitive Reflex Test: Detection of primitive reflexes, instinctive movements that aid development, growth, and survival during the early years of childhood. Very important determinant of neurodevelopment deficits.
- Franceschi Method Development Test: A proprietary test where patients are evaluated in psycho-emotional areas, language, motor, cognitive, sensory and academic skills. The main purpose of this test is to evaluate the patient's skills determining the characteristics of the patient, in order to develop the strategies and technical process that will be used during therapy.
- Listening Test: The listening test will evaluate how the brain understands and processes what it hears (Central Auditory Processing). The main purpose of this test is to establish diagnosis and to determine the treatment plan.
- Tympanogram: Measure fluid accumulation in the middle ear which is caused by allergies and can affect neurodevelopment.
Step 5: Neurodevelopment Treatment Protocol Discussion
After finishing the evaluation, an individualized treatment plan will be develop to address the patient’s specific needs and goals. The treatment plan will target strategically areas related to integration of primitive reflexes, speech and communication, fine motor, gross motor, balance and coordination, cognitive and academic skills including processing of information, attention,memory, sensory integration, self esteem, behaior modification, emotional maturity. In addition, it will identify areas in need related to school, social environment and family dynamics. Other heallth professionals like; Psychologist, Psychiatrist, teachers, school counselor, etc, will be consulted depending on the case. The plan will include recommendations on the use of different technologies which will be used to stimulate maximum result in the less time possible.
Phase 2 is completed based on the results of Phase 1. Often the following activities are completed for each patient.
- Dietary modification and individualized nutritional supplementation (if needed) based on specialized laboratory studies. Changes to diet and nutritional supplementation will be done to ensure that the brain has available the building blocks for the production of neurotransmitters, therefore improving the communication between neurons.
- Functional and Integrative Medicine Protocols will be recommended depending on laboratory results.
- Supplements will be recommended depending in genetic mutations, nutritional and metabolic deficiencies and to stimulates energy production at the cellular level and detoxification
- Homeopathy will be used if necessary to stimulate the self-healing, detoxification, and energy production capacity of the body.
- Traditional Medicine
*All treatment protocols are evidence based and individualized based on the results presented by each patient thorough initial evaluations, laboratory tests and other studies.
Multisensory/Psycho-emotional Therapeutic Sessions
Phase 3 is designed based on the results of Phase 1 and Phase 2. Our clinical team’s primary objective for Phase 3 is to encourage maximum brain development in the shortest time possible. We have demonstrated that stimulating the brain results in accelerating the acquisition of skills.
Multiple technologies are used to enhance brain development, neurogenesis and neuroplasticity. These technologies are integrated to stimulate all areas including motor, speech/language, sensory integration, behavior modification, cognitive, and psycho-emotional skills.
The therapeutic sessions occurring in Phase 3 are developed by a specialized team of professionals and follow Dr. Báez-Franceschi protocols. We take an integrative approach, and the results are constantly measured to ensure the improvements meet our high standards of care and expected outcomes for each patient.
In addition, the patient’s medical condition is monitored and holistic treatments protocols are started to support the neurological system.
The parents or caregivers, in the case of children, become part of the team and they receive reports and training in addition to becoming our most important evaluators.
What Our Patients Say
I can say my son Jarrell has been blessed to start Franceschi Method therapeutic treatment. Jarell was a child who could not make simple sentences to communicate, and frequently would get sick with Asthma (from 4 weeks, one week he was ok). Immediately, I started in in Star Kids Club (now known as Wellness Institute of Neurodevelopment) and the treatment he started gluten, casein, and lactose free diet. I can say with certainty that my son now socializes better with friends in school, speaks much…Read More Testimonials
Doctor Carmen Baez: “The word “Thank you” does not satisfy our great feeling of gratitude to you. You accompanied and guided us wisely thru the path of good health, is something that we are and will be always grateful. Your vision of life and of medicine take you out of the field of “Pediatrics” and placed you at the level of “mentor”. Thanks to your professionalism our daughters have developed the best way possible. We have never had an experience so satisfying and enriched with a…Read More Testimonials
Para nosotros fue una gran experiencia en la cual vimos un gran desarrollo en nuestro hijo. Todo el equipo es fantastico y agradable. Johani logró hacer una gran compenetración con Carlos X, siendo esta una de las claves para el exito de esta terapia. Desde el primer mes vimos un desarrollo en su memoria, interacción con las personas, y el habla. El equipo estudió con nosotros mano a mano en el proceso de empezar en la escuela en su 1er grado. Fueron de gran ayuda y una de las pieza clave en…Read More Testimonials
For us as parents, this has been a great experience, in which; we were able to observe huge changes in our son’s overall development. All the Team of staff are fascinating and admirable. The specialist whom attended our son, gained a huge mutual understanding with Carlos, in which was the key for a successful therapy. Since the very first month, we were able to observe a change in his social interactions, his speech and memory. The Team of staff has been with us, hand on hand throughout the whole…Read More Testimonials
WIN Testimonial - Medical TourismRead More Testimonials
Resultados Método Franceschi - WINRead More Testimonials