NATURAL TREATMENT FOR AUDITORY PROCESSING DISORDER
Central Auditory Processing problems can be helped using a natural treatment for auditory processing disorders. Auditory Central Processing Disorder (COPD) is a group of disorders that affect how the brain processes auditory information. Patients with auditory processing problems have normal hearing but, cannot interpret the information they hear correctly. This causes them not to listen to the information they hear, which causes them to have problems recognizing and interpreting sounds, especially the sounds that make up the speech. With our auditory processing treatment services, your child will begin to better understand and interpret sounds in speech.
CAPD is one of the most difficult information processing disorders to detect and diagnose, and is often misdiagnosed as ADHD, Asperger Syndrome and other forms of autism, but can also be coexisting conditions.
This disorder may have other implications that are not apparent nor to the person who suffers them. For example, as people with CAPD are accustomed to guessing and filling targets, they do not realize that they misunderstood something that was told to them.
1. Problems paying attention and staying focused if there are other sounds around.
2. Problems recalling verbal information.
3. Problems following complicated instructions.
4. Poor listening skills (difficulty listening in noisy environments, or maintaining understanding in long conversations, listening to phone conversations).
5. They need more time to process information.
6. Problems with language: can confuse syllables, problems in developing vocabulary and understand what was said.
7. Difficulty in taking notes.
8. Difficulty in organizational skills.
9. Difficulty reading and spelling.
10. Problems processing non-verbal information.
11. Easily distracted.
Before providing CAPD treatment for children, The Wellness Institute of Neurodevelopment will perform a comprehensive evaluation to appropriately diagnose patients and be able to design the appropriate individualized treatment programs. Contact us today to learn how our auditory processing treatment services can help your child.