HOLISTIC ADHD TREATMENT
At the Wellness Institute of Neurodevelopment, we have been successfully treating children and adults with ADHD for the last 10 years using holistic ADHD treatments, oftentimes treating ADHD without medication. Our alternative treatment for ADHD is designed to treat the conditions that are causing the attention and hyperactivity problems which in consequence, improves the symptoms and the medication can be weaned or discontinued.
What is ADHD?
ADHD is a condition is defined by a child with problems keeping the focus on a task, inattentive, easily distractibility, in a significant amount of cases hyperactivity, cannot sit still in the classroom, has problems following instruction and completing schoolwork and homework consistently after 5 years of age. Recently, the term ADHD has been changed to ADD (attention deficit disorder). There are two types of ADHD, both of which the Wellness Institute treats using cutting edge technology.
Types of ADHD
- Type 1; Classic ADHD: Inattentive, distractibility, disorganized, hyperactive, restless and impulsive.
- Type 2; Inattentive ADD: inattentive, easily distracted, disorganized, daydreamers. Most of the children do not have cognitive problems but, problems with attention and hyperactivity affect the school performance. It is common to see other problems associated with this diagnosis like fine motor delay, balance and coordination, viso-motor and central auditory processing problems. Usually, the parents are alerted about the condition by the school who recommends an evaluation. The condition can be diagnosed by a Psychologist, a Pediatrician, a Psychiatrist or a Neurologist.
The diagnosis is based on the results of a questionnaire, the most commonly used are the Connor scale or Vanderbilt test. The traditional treatment is medication and cognitive/ behavioral therapy. The medication works in 80% of the cases. The problem with the medication is concerned with side effects and effectiveness.
Factors that May Contribute to ADHD
There are many factors that can contribute to the cause of ADHD, which is why we take a personalized and holistic approach to ADHD treatment. Some of these factors include:
- Metal Toxicity
- Thyroid Problems
Treatment for ADHD & ADD: The WIN Difference
WIN offers a comprehensive evaluation where we identify the medical and neurological issues that cause attention and concentration problems. From there, we will identify and use alternative treatment for ADHD or a form of holistic ADHD treatment. Holistic ADHD treatment includes:
- Franceschi Method TM
- Filtered Auditory Frequency Stimulation
- Hyperbaric Chamber treatment
- Effective alternative medical treatment with none or minimal side effects.
At WIN, we are devoted to changing lives and strictly maintain the highest standard of permanent results. Bringing out the best in people is more than a calling: it is a steadfast commitment. In order to help our patients become winners, failure is not an option for us. Contact us today to request a consultation to get started on an individualized and holistic ADHD treatment plan.