COVID-19 Updates and Safety Procedures
At W.I.N., we are fully committed to protecting our patients; therefore, we have been closely monitoring the situation and are taking proactive action as needed. The following is a detailed description of the status of each one of our offices:
Puerto Rico Office
The office will reopen on Monday,May 11, 2020. The office will operate from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, by appointment only. We have attached the Maramar Plaza building protocol for your review, here. Please, follow this protocol upon entering the building.
The Houston office reopened on April 27, 2020. The office is operating from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday, by appointment only.
Additionally, we’ve attached a list of recommendations for employers to implement to ensure office safety. Click here to access this list.
We encourage patients, including new patients, to take advantage of our telemedicine program. All patients can request a virtual consultation and avoid exposure. Medical evaluations and treatments can be done without having to physically visit our offices. Exceptions are Developmental Test, Reflex Test, Listening Test and Therapeutic Sessions.
Finally, we have been taking appropriate measures to minimize risk of exposure to our visitors, as follows:
- Disinfecting wipes & hand sanitizer are readily available at our reception and work areas,
- An ATTENTION notice has been posted at our front door instructing all visitors to use the above mentioned upon entering our facility,
- An aggressive pre and post patient visit disinfecting protocol has been implemented
- Disinfecting is required of all employees upon entering our facilities (morning, lunch, bathroom breaks, etc.)
- We will be taking the temperature of our visitors upon entering
- All patients, family members and employees must bring and wear a face mask at all times during their visit
- Additional measures will be taken with patients receiving medical and therapeutic treatments in our offices
Out of State Patients
We contacted all out-of-state patients to advise against traveling to either office. All appointments will be done by video conference.
We will continue to monitor progress and take appropriate action as required.
On the other hand, it is critical that if you have any symptoms (and/or know that you are at a high risk of having been exposed to the virus) please do not come to the office. Instead, we recommend that you have yourself tested ASAP; and if positive, quarantine yourself to avoid spreading the virus and putting others at risk, especially if you fall in any of the following high-risk categories:
- Traveled recently (especially abroad)
- Were in crowded areas (malls, theaters, supermarkets, etc.)
- Have been in contact with others that did or may have done any of the above mentioned
On a personal note, we urge you to take all necessary precautions to keep your family safe. Please:
- Stay at home as much as possible and avoid unnecessary risk of exposure (avoid crowded places, cook at home, etc.)
- Use online services as much as possible (payments, form submittal, etc.) instead of running errands
- Follow all CDC & your Doctor’s recommendations
- Here’s a link to the CDC Coronavirus webpage that contains useful information and is updated regularly: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html